I have to admit that a kit with predetermined designs was not what I had in mind when I received my gift. After all, I would not consider myself a beginner, however I really do like these beads and components a lot.
I decided I wasn't going to create the designs in the instructions booklet. I wanted to use the materials as I would any other; this way I can give a real and honest opinion about the Prima Bead products. You can see the jewelry designs intended to be made from this kit above. Below is the jewelry that I have created using the same beads and components.
Maroon glass pearls and Quartz 'icicle' beads
Earrings with pretty bow charms and teardrop shaped links
For this necklace I used the brownish glass pearls and the heavy chain from Prima's kit. I love how this chain is two toned bronze and silver.
I still have a lot of the beads and components left over and will defiantly be posting more of my creations soon! So, how would I review this Prima Bead 'Class in a Box' product?
Here are some pros:
· An abundance of different materials to work with for a little price.
· The kit comes with a beading mat!
· The designs are current with the latest styles. You're gonna love wearing your pieces.
Here are some cons:
· I felt the tool was not the greatest, and you're going to need more than one pair of pliers.
· Plated, base metal findings. I typically prefer better quality metals, at least for the earring hooks.
· The quality, overall, is much more 'crafter' than 'artisan'
Final rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
While there are many great quality Prima Bead and Cousin products that I use regularly, this "Class in a Box" kit isn't something I would have purchased for myself. I think this is great for beginners or crafty people that create jewelry as a hobby.