Monday, May 5, 2014

Thistle Beads Contest

My local bead shop, Thistle Beads, recently held a Spring time contest, in which the participants each received an identical bead kit. We were allowed to add any beads we wanted, but had to include some of each of the beads in the kit. The inspiration for our color palette came from the ever popular Design Seeds and consisted purple seed beads and glass pearls, and green czech glass beads. I knew right away I wanted to work with copper metals with these colors and I just love how it came out. I also created the copper clasp myself.



Judging is based on in person votes and although I did not win the contest, I had a lot of fun getting to know the mom and daughter team that own Thistle Beads and will, for sure, be joining the next contest.

Oh! This is a beautiful bracelet that did win. I have to say, there is no shame in losing to such a stunning piece of work! Congratulations to Bonnie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...