Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling the itch

Looking for this?
Bead Soup Blog Party - The reveal (Part I)
Bead Soup Blog Party - A second helping (Part II)


For a while now, I have been wanting to do more. I used to paint. I do know how to sew. Why not incorporate polymer clay into my jewelry designs? But of course, I always have some excuse about time or what not. The other day I decided I was going to start an art journal. It's a lot less intimidating then taking on a large project and I believe it could be beneficial to me in a therapeutic way right now.

An art journal is basically a visual diary. In it you record your thoughts, as well as, draw, paint or add embellishments to the pages. I want this blog to be about more than just my jewelry. I want it to represent all of me. So I'm going to be sharing my art journal pages here. I hope that anyone with a passion for art can enjoy them.


Art Journal: Page 1

This is my first page of my first art journal. The lower right corner is kinda a mess up. But that's one thing I want to learn from this: to accept the imperfections. That may be harder than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...