Monday, September 12, 2011

Pawtucket Art Festival

Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI

This weekend I had a show in Rhode Island at the Pawtucket Art Festival. I was set up on the bridge with this view behind my table. It was a beautiful compliment to my jewelry. Pawtucket is a really interesting area, with a plethora of treasured historical sites and a large artist community; It's also got a share of poor and shady areas. The modern urban decay mixed with buildings from 1700's created a visually stimulating place to be.


Sea Chelles Design

My table display gets better and better each time. I'm finally at the point where I like it. Almost all of the necklace busts, the earring board and tall necklace holder were made my mom and her boyfriend in their workshop. Not only is all my jewelry handmade, but so is my display! And did I mention how much cheaper scrap wood and paint is comparatively?!


 Girls from Salve Regina University

Not only were there many, many talented artists, but some fantastic entertainment as well! Blues and Jazz drifted over the water from the music tent all day; performers came around for photo ops. These girls are from the Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. They are painted head to toe in metallic paint and in adorably detailed costumes.

I had such a great weekend and I am proud to say I was apart of this fabulous event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...