Monday, June 25, 2012

A pretty bracelet and Bead Soup announcement!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am not happy to see how stormy it is this Monday morning, but I am happy to show you this lovely new bracelet I made yesterday! The beautiful lampwork focal is by 2BeadSisters.



Lampwork, Czech glass, Glass pearls, Glass seed beads and Sterling Silver. Toggle clasp closure.
Available on Etsy.com






This weekend, those participating in Lori's sixth Bead Soup Blog Party learned our reveal dates and who our partners are! The reveal date for me is August 11th, the second reveal date.


I have been paired up with Lisa of Whimsy's Wonders. She is new to blogging, but already has some great pics up of her work. I really can't wait to see more of her beautiful designs. Why don't you head on over to her blog and cheer her on?

Whimsy's Wonders



Knowing who my partner was for the BSBP, I popped over to a small local bead shop called Thistle Beads to pick of a few goodies for Lisa. I also got a couple things for myself... I just love these chocolatey colored stones!


2 comments:

  1. Love the bracelet. How do you come up with your designs? Mine are so simple and sometimes seem so repetitive.

    I love chocolate beads, can you let me know what kind of beads you bought?

    Good luck with the soup and will look forward to your reveal.

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
    carolynscreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn!
      I'm sorry to say that these beads came only with the tag 'stone' so I'm not sure what they are exactly.

      I think the most important part about an asymmetrical piece is it's composition, much like in painting. I start with a focal point and be sure to keep a nice balance to the design.

      I take a lot of my inspiration from Lorelei Eurto's work. She even wrote an e-book on asymmetrical jewelry!
      http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/

      - Rochelle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...