Friday, January 6, 2012

January Earring Challenge: Day 2 and 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm having trouble finding the time, during limited day light hours, to take photos. Even though these earrings below are from the 2nd and 3rd day of the challenge, I have been keeping up and meeting my goal! Tomorrow is Saturday (Woohoo!) so I'll take photos of the other earrings then :)

Some people, who have done similar challenges themselves, find that the first day was hard. My trouble started on the second day. I have had these chunky quartz pieces out on my table for a while and I knew I wanted to make a pair of earrings with them. The image in my mind was edgy; Chain wrapped and knotted around the stones. But, it didn't take long before I got frustrated and moved on lol I finally settled for something a little more fancy. I like these earrings, but they don't compare to my original idea, so I will have to give that a second try soon.


Quartz gemstones and faceted glass beads


These chandeiler style earrings were boucing around in my head for a few days, but I wasn't sure I really like them. So when I finally decided to make them for the 3rd day of the challenge, I was really surprised. I LOVE THEM! I think I may even feature this design in other colors in my etsy shop.


Sterling Silver chain draped around white pearls and czech glass

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...