Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

On Friday I left work early so that the hubby and I could go to the Bozrah Farmers Market. I wanted some tasty squash for dinner! It was "Dog Day" so we got to mingle with some very cute and furry visitors.

We started over at the food area, of course. I got some delicious Lebanese baklava from Lazizah Bakery. It tasted just the way I remember my step-mother's tasting. Hubby got a gourmet grilled cheese with jalepanos from Little Sister's Grilled Cheese truck. Which looked so good, but I really have no tolerance for spicy food. I think I'm going to have to try the goat cheese one next time!

 Little Sister's Grilled Cheese truck

Next, we made our way through the fresh veggies and then through the crafts, all while munching on our treats. And then some cherry italian ice... which stained our mouths.


(Photos courtesy of Maple Farms Photos)

I met Sharon Gatzke, a designer, who makes upcycled bracelets out of vintage buttons. They were absolutely stunning and all one of a kind. The one I got has Mother of Pearl inlay, green glass and floral metal buttons. I adore it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...