Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bead Soup Party: The soup mix

Earlier this month I learned that Lori Anderson was hosting a Bead Soup Blog Party. I have always wanted to be apart of one of these, but have never had the guts to actually join.I knew there were so many reasons I had to this time. I thought, 'what a great opportunity to push myself through some of the anxiety and self-doubt; A way to be more social and make new friends'. So, before I could stop myself, I submitted my information. There was no turning back now!

I received an email from Lori revealing who my partner would be...
*drum roll* ...Teri from Born to be Worn by S & T Creations!

This is a little sneak peek of what I sent to Teri:


On Saturday, I got the package from Teri:


I opened it as fast as humanly possible and pulled out the bubble wrapped bundle. It felt a little heavy, but I couldn't get a good look through all that plastic! As soon as I peeled back those bubbles, I started to laugh out loud at the contents. Teri had sent me the most beautiful, large Amazonite beads. Some of the very same gemstone I had sent to her! Great minds think alike!



These beads are stunning! The toggle is gorgeous! Gold findings are something I never work with and these gemstones are much larger than I typically use. It's just the right amount of unfamiliarity to make me work outside my comfort zone. Exactly what I was hoping for.
Thank you, Teri, for the perfect bead soup!

Finished jewelry will be revealed on Sept 17th.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you received a beautiful soup mix from your partner Teri! I love Amazonite myself... I am drawn to buying them if I'm at a bead show! Rochelle, I've enjoyed visiting your new blog and meeting you online! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...