Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Challenge Complete!

Yesterday I finished my January Earring Challenge. Whew, what a challenge it was! It was interesting to see how daily life effected my creative side. I was very excited and motivated in the beginning, but started to lose steam about a third of the way through. I pushed onward, even if my earrings were very simple for a few days. I was able to get my enthusiasm back for the last week or so, and tried to go out with a bang!


What I learned:
1. I like to switch up my work. Towards the end of the month I was getting very antsy! I am proud that I stuck with this challenge, but can't wait to make a damn necklace!

2. I need to use my sketchbook more! Throughout the month, I kept a sheet for brainstorming and sketching out possible designs. Some of the designs are totally new to me, others were specific to beads I already have. I found this to be particularly helpful on days when I struggled to create something.

3. Photography. I have always struggled with taking good photos, but with time and practice, I am getting better. Having to take so many photos, with inadequate natural lighting because of the season, I was really forced to work with my lighting and displays. I learned what worked and what didn't. Now, I can take photos quicker and with less editing.



I had a lot of fun with this and will certainly be doing another challenge soon!

4 comments:

  1. love your earrings! i belong to anke's 52 week earring challenge on flickr. it's been challenging in a fun way.

    I’m blog hopping and visiting all the bead soup participants. Can’t wait to see the big reveals.

    ♥ tejae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really great idea! Probably much less stressful than 1 pair a day lol

      I'll defiantly be following along with your challenge!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I would have managed it. They are lovely. I need to get a note book for ideas as I am notorious for scaprs of paper that get lost. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to start a brand new sketchbook, use just a couple pages. Then it ends up tossed aside and forgotten about, so I start a new one... lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...