Monday, August 27, 2012

Key to the Heart

A little while back, I participated in a supply swap and received some beautiful gifts from my partner, Lisa of Pine Ridge Treasures. There was no obligation to create anything, this was simply to share beads and components, so I hadn't gotten around to using these goodies until this weekend.



I used both the key focal and large cable chain in a gunmetal finish. First, I had to alter the key a bit to use as a pendant. I used the dremel to create a bit of a distressed look and then glued a heart shaped jewel on to the the middle. It looked like it needed some color there! The chain was added to a strand of red Malaysia Jade and Jet gemstone beads to create an asymmetrical design. This finished necklace is about 36 inches long with no clasp, as it can easily slip over the head.





This necklace is available at my etsy shop, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...