Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tips, Tricks and Cleverness

 How to find the original source of an image on



Have you ever found an interesting photo on Pinterest, only to click for the link and find that someone has pinned it from Yahoo Search or to the main page of a blog, not the post itself? Talk about frustrating!
I wanna share with you a quick and easy trick to finding the ORIGINAL SOURCE of an image.


Step 1: When you find an image with the bad link, open a new browser tab (or window) and type in images.google.com into the address bar.


Step 2: Click back on the Pinterest tab (or window). Then click and drag the image to the Google tab and into the Google search bar. When your cursor moves over the search bar it will turn into a larger, blue box. Drop your image there.


Step 3: Google works its magic and you have the original link! Happy Pinning!




I shared this trick, with another tutorial, on the Facebook Bead Soup Cafe page and it received quite a response, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating my own tutorial. I hope it is clear enough to follow and that you find it useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...